Corporate Social Responsibility

We are committed to being a responsible company in every aspect of our operations and we aim for excellence in environmental management. We adopt sustainable practices in our businesses products and services. Analysis has shown that the plastic pipe systems we produce are more environmentally-friendly than pipes made from other materials but we still strive to do better. Environmental aspects are considered when we develop business processes and services and our environmental programme defines specific KPIs for monitoring CO2 emissions, non-recycled waste and water consumption. We also have initiatives aimed at sharing best practice and training as well as raising environmental awareness among our employees.

Environment & Sustainability 

  • We reduce our non-recyclable waste by 10% year-on-year
  •  56% of our total waste was recycled, the remaining 44% non-recyclable waste was sent for energy recovery through incineration
  • In 2016 we generated 130,491 kWh of electricity using our solar panels
  • Our Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) submission was rated performance band ‘B’, compared to a CDP supply chain average of ‘D’.
  • We achieved 100% Management System Evaluation and 100% on-site assessment scores for the Environment category of our 2016 Achilles UVDB B2 audit.

Aliaxis has worked with the Certified Emissions Measurement and Reduction Scheme (CEMARS) for a number of years as part of our commitment to reducing the environmental impact of our activities.  In 2016, we were extremely proud to be among a small group of businesses who were awarded the CEMARS Gold Certificate for achieving 6 consecutive years of carbon emissions reductions.

Ethical Trading

In 2016, the Aliaxis Code of Conduct was launched and shared with all employees.  Using an online training and assessment tool, employees have been given a thorough understanding of the values and expectations of the company.  This training is supporting us in consistently delivering against our high standards of compliance in a number of areas:

  • Fair and honest dealing with our stakeholders
  • Compliance with laws, rules and regulations
  • Avoiding conflicts of interest
  • Respecting corporate opportunities
  • Protection and proper use of assets and resources
  • Protection of confidential information

Aliaxis are given access to important training sessions to support our Ethical Trading Policy.  In 2016, training was delivered to provide a thorough understanding of legislation and policies relating to data protection, and in identifying potentially corrupt countries and companies in the supply chain.

Integrity is one of our core values – Acting truthfully, honestly and ethically in all our activities.

Click here to read our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy