Planning & Procurement
The Planning team manage the supply and demand elements of the business in order to achieve the required level of customer service, while maintaining an optimal level of stock.
To achieve this, the Planning teams’ function includes the purchasing of raw materials, packaging and components; the scheduling of manufacturing across all production machines within the factory and the planning of all final assembly operations.
Demand is managed in conjunction with the sales team, and with software which calculates all future forecast and targeted stock levels.
The Planning team is primarily system focussed and operates within the following main systems: Dynamics AX (ERP system that generates all planned proposals); Barco (factory scheduling tool that enables detailed sequencing of jobs by machine); SO99 (a system that calculates future forecasts and stock levels)
The key Stakeholders for the Planning department are: Production; Sales; Customer Services and Logistics.
The Aliaxis UK Strategic Procurement department is located at Lenham, Kent.
The team’s principle stakeholders are the seven UK-based customer brands, with the addition of the independent Manufacturing & Logistics arm, all of which we have strong, effective relationships with. We also collaborate across Europe, to ensure we maximise any benefits.
The team consists of 3 members based at Lenham who adopt a strategic category management methodology approach to purchasing, which is aligned and supported by a wider team based in Luxembourg.
Though based at Lenham, we travel throughout the UK to work at any of the group businesses, as well as to Europe from time to time to visit suppliers and Aliaxis companies.
We are dedicated to supporting the European purchasing strategy and the Aliaxis UK group businesses in achieving optimum value from externally purchased goods and services.
Our purpose is to maintain a strategic approach including consistently value engineering the supply base, reviewing costs, reducing risk, ensuring continuity of supply and ensuring we have services and processes in place to support continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for from you:
- To understand , define and challenge the needs from our stakeholders
- Understand supply and demand markets analysis
- Define Purchasing strategy with our colleagues in Luxembourg
- Source, Request for Proposals and supplier selection
- Negotiation on the Total Cost basis
- Contract with the best commercial conditions as possible (price delivery time, payment terms, …)
- Make savings
- Career Opportunities Sales Nationwide Competitive
- Career Opportunities Finance Nationwide Competitive
- Career Opportunities Marketing Nationwide Competitive
- Career Opportunities HR Human Resources Nationwide Competitive
- Career Opportunities Administration and Customer Service Nationwide Competitive